Saturday, October 18, 2008

The doctor expected it...

...but I didn't. Brandon's EEG results came back today, and he is indeed having seizures. Next Tuesday is his MRI, which will help in determining the cause. I'm scared. Scared about him being sedated for the test. More scared of what they'll find. I'm terrorified they'll want to do some kind of surgery on his brain or something. My husband said today, "Why do bad things happen to good people?". Brandon is absolutely the sweetest child-everyone who comes near him can feel/see how special he is. Alex always says he has a little something extra than other kids-he carries a piece of his sister, Marissa, with him. I have issues with my faith still from losing her. I pray, and I hope He knows I mean what I say...but I also hope He knows I'm beyond angry at my sweet girl being taken. I ask that God be with Brandon now...and that he be with him to keep him HERE with US.

I'm sure there's more I should write about, but I'm so tired. Brandon's been keeping all hours lately, and the twins are teething. I got all of my badges on Pogo for the week-which I have NEVER done before because I didn't have the time. Staying up until 4am or later with Brandon allows for it (ha ha).

Hope all is well in cyber-land.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do hope that they don't find anything too bad and that your worst fears don't end up being true. I will keep Y'all in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie, I know that is not what you wanted to hear. I hope whatever it is, it's very, very minor and no surgery required. Thinking of you all everyday! Give all the kids a kiss & hug for me, miss you all like crazy and I can't wait till you come back HOME!!!!!

Stephy said...

Aww hun I'm so sorry!
You will be in my thoughts.
*hugs*

Frazzled said...

Hey there,

I don't know you personally but have followed your blogs here and there.

I am very sorry about your son. I don't understand exactly the story of where this all coming from, but I wish him health. Not a lot of what you are posting makes sense to me as I don't know the story behind the seizures or what made you aware he was having them, but I can imagine your fear. I have four kids too and I'd be scared as well.

Things in my life are a up and down slope of medical issues with family members and wowza..it can drain you. Try and keep the faith and I will keep your little man inmy thoughts.