Thursday, January 8, 2009

Trying to chip away at the chip on my shoulder.

Soooo, I realize now that the last entry was...crappy? I was just in a really bad place and needed to get it out w/out burdening my family any more than they already are. I'm trying to be more upbeat...trying. I have beautiful children that make me smile and laugh every day. I know in my heart that one should be here with us and isn't...it's hard. We're approaching the 4 year mark. How is that even possible? When they told me she had died, I didn't think I'd breathe w/out horrid pain ever again. She'd be 4 years old. I just can't imagine...

We met with the new pediatrician for the kids. Goofy, but nice guy. He's setting us up with referrals to new neurologists, geneticists, and speech therapists. Hoping he can recommend someone good for Kaitlynne.

She (Kaitlynne) is on my craplist at the moment. She's in her mouthy know-it-all stage already (which sucks, but I can deal with). Today, she opted to go to her friend's house before checking after getting off of the bus. I started to worry about 10 minutes past her regular time...panicked by the time I got off the phone with the school/transportation. They said they had dropped her off on time! I called one of her friends, wasn't there...the mom sent the little girl to another girl's house to see if she was there. She was, and even tho she obviously realized she must be doing something not-right if I sent someone for her-she sent me a NOTE saying she'd be home in an hour or so!!!! Alex and I got our shoes and helped her remember where she lived :pulls gray hairs out:.

Everything else is going. I'm in the "hurry up and wait" stage for a job that pays really well and would be GREAT to get. Cross your fingers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My fingers are crossed Becky! And I was just thinking about Marissa. It's hard to believe that it's been so long - even for me. I remember when I read about her so vividly.

Lots of love!

Anonymous said...

I really hope the job comes through for you. WOW ... I remember going to a friends house like that, but never had the nerve to send a note to my mom though. Still got in a lot of trouble for that. Take care sweetie.